Share |

Content about Dave Rich

July 17, 2014

David Allen Rich the I, II and III, all of Morgan, are fired up about a goal they have been working on for the past few years. 
The trio has a burning desire to restore a 1941 Ford Howe Fire Truck to its original state.  While it is a work in process, they have made great progress and they showed off their efforts at the Morgan 4th of July parade.  They plan to enter the antique truck in the fair parade this summer.
In 1965, a young Dave Rich I went on his very first fire call.  He took the Ford Howe truck to a barn fire on Young Street near East Canyon Creek.  The Ford Howe was retired after only a few years and replaced with a 1967 La France; unlike Rich who has dedicated nearly 50 years of service without being retired or replaced.  Through the years of service to our community and working with different engines, Rich still fondly remembers that first truck above the rest.

David Allen Rich the I, II and III, all of Morgan, are fired up about a goal they have been working on for the past few years.  

June 1, 2014

For many years Morgan has known its own fire chief, Dave Rich, as the face of Farm Bureau Insurance.  Rich has made the decision to retire and is turning the reins over to a new friendly face, Cole Everitt.

For many years Morgan has known its own fire chief, Dave Rich, as the face of Farm Bureau Insurance.  Rich has made the decision to retire and is turning the reins over to a new friendly face, Cole Everitt.

March 25, 2014
Community lends many helpful hands

In the late afternoon of Saturday March 22, Kelly Pentz, an employee of Polaris, went into the shop behind the Polaris Dealership and Wilkinson Construction offices, where he noticed water on the floor coming from the broiler room. This unusual sight was accompanied by the smell of smoke. He quickly surveyed the boiler room where there were no apparent flames.
As Pentz went upstairs, he found the source of the smoke and began to dowse the flames with a fire extinguisher. He was then joined by TJ McMillan and Garrett Kippen, who also work for Polaris.

In the late afternoon of Saturday March 22, Kelly Pentz, an employee of Polaris, went into the shop behind the Polaris Dealership and Wilkinson Construction offices, where he noticed water on the floor coming from the broiler room. This unusual sight was accompanied by the smell of smoke. He quickly surveyed the boiler room where there were no apparent flames.

October 4, 2012
Morgan, Mountain Green firefighters join forces with outside crews to battle blaze

Just after noon on Tuesday Sept. 4, 2012, Austin Larson was working at the rock pit in Mountain Green when he heard an unusual noise across the street that got his attention. When he confirmed there was smoke he quickly went to the Mountain Green fire Station, where he works as a volunteer fire fighter. Larson retrieved the fire engine and made his way back the short distance to the home to find that the fire was already fully evolved. By this time calls were coming in from a postal worker who was in the area, a 1st Bank employee from the bank next to the house, and others who viewed the smoke and flames.
As the house burned firefighters from surrounding areas were called in including two trucks from Weber County and a ladder truck from South Ogden. Brush trucks helped with a grass fire that spread behind 1st Bank, Mountain Green Branch. Twenty-eight fire fighters worked on the blaze before they were able to stop it around 4 p.m. The house continued to smolder until about 6 p.m. A crew remained at the scene overnight and was able to control two or three flare ups during the night, reported Dave Rich, Morgan County fire chief.

Just after noon on Tuesday Sept. 4, 2012, Austin Larson was working at the rock pit in Mountain Green when he heard an unusual noise across the street that got his attention. When he confirmed there was smoke he quickly went to the Mountain Green fire Station, where he works as a volunteer fire fighter.

April 21, 2012

On Sat. March 24, a controlled weed burning fire got out of hand, when wind picked up and extended the controlled fire to cause a grass fire. The fire swept fast burning a fence, and part of a power pole. 

On Sat. March 24, a controlled weed burning fire got out of hand, when wind picked up and extended the controlled fire to cause a grass fire. The fire swept fast burning a fence, and part of a power pole. 

April 21, 2012

Interesting to read the Standard-Examiner’s interview with Morgan Fire Chief Dave Rich, about the Morgan grass fire portends, meaning an indication or omen of something about to happen, something momentous! 

To the Editor:

Interesting to read the Standard-Examiner’s interview with Morgan Fire Chief Dave Rich, about the Morgan grass fire portends, meaning an indication or omen of something about to happen, something momentous! 

February 4, 2012

There has been questions about business licenses in Morgan City. Is it difficult? What is required for a business license?

There has been questions about business licenses in Morgan City. Is it difficult? What is required for a business license?

Every business varies from services and items sold, the location of the prospective business also plays a factor, in the what needs to be done to set-up business in Morgan City.

September 19, 2010

Council Members Attending: Rodney Haslam, Tina Kelley, Sid Creager, Al Lundgren, Howard Hansen, Karen Sunday
Attended by Phone: Donald Mathews

Council Members Attending: Rodney Haslam, Tina Kelley, Sid Creager, Al Lundgren, Howard Hansen, Karen Sunday
Attended by Phone: Donald Mathews
Audit Report
See County Receives Sparks Fly Over Accusations in Council Meeting on Page 1
Public Comment

September 19, 2010

    Fire Chief Dave Rich presented at the County Council meeting on Tuesday night at the request of Council Chairman Creager.  Rich reported to the council that the fire department had responded to a fire near the county’s television antennae.  As they were travelling to the site, one of the county’s brush trucks repeatedly slipped out of gear causing delays and a safety hazard.